Please look below for the 2018 Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, and Jazz Ensemble Audition Information. Students are not required to audition, however it is recommended for anyone wishing to participate in one of these ensemble next year. Auditions will begin to take place the week of March 26th and will be completed after Spring Break.
A sign up sheet has been placed on the blue doors in the Band Room, so please make sure any interested 10th and 11th grade students sign up. Mr. Traskal will go to Malow Jr. High on Tuesday April 10th and Shelby Jr. High on Wednesday April 11th. These Junior High Auditions will take place during the times listed on the Master Schedule. If this time doesn’t work please contact Mr. Traskal immediately so other arrangements can be made.
Once the audition results are posted, we will take care of adjusting schedules for the students it effects. Please note that in order to enroll in Jazz Band, a concurrent Band Ensemble must be taken one year. This does not apply for guitar, piano, and bass students.
2018 Band Auditions Info/Documents
- Audition Schedule: Full Audition Schedule 2018
- Audition Information: Audition Info Sheet 2018
- Audition Form (Bring to your audition!): Audition Form
- Musical Excerpts: Band Audition Music- A
- Band Scale Audition Sheet: Wind Ensemble-Symphonic Band Audition Scales
2018 Jazz Ensemble Auditions Info/Documents
- Jazz Ensemble Info/Audition Form: Auditions (Jazz Ensemble) 2018
- Jazz Scale Audition Sheet: Jazz Ensemble Audition Scales